Monday 9 June 2014

New boots… kinda - Meindl Airstreams

Picked up a new pair of Mendl Airstreams at the Arb show over the weekend


My last pair of these lasted about 18 months, which is about all you can expect from a pair of boots that have a pretty hard life and spend a minimum of 40 hours a week being generally abused!

I stupidly switched back to Hiax after they wore out, as someone had a new pair going cheep, but worked out more expensive in the end as they only lasted about 9 months and were never really that waterproof. 

Putting these on again was like getting reacquainted with an old friend, I forgot just how supportive and comfortable they are. the memory foam inners actually mold to the shape of your foot, making them  pleasure to put on in the morning. 

They have changed the design slightly since my last pair so I shan't sing their praises too much until I've given them a good amount of graft. 


Although obviously a massive fan I'm the first to admit the red can be a bit much and is not for everyones taste, so I've switched the laces for black ones, which tones them down a little. 

Back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment